I found this list of questions from an ad page web site. I thought it looked good so my privacy policies are in red.
- Describe what personal information is collected.
- I don't collect personal information. I find the internet to be rather impersonal frankly.
- Describe how this information will be used by the company.
- I have no idea what I will do with information I don't have. I'll have to get back to you on that.
- Describe how this information will be transferred to third party companies.
- Supposedly, advertisers pay a premium to TV networks for info on TV watchers in the "prime" age group of 18-to-49. If I ever do gather personal information I'll make sure that I change everyone's age to over 100 before I pass it on to third party companies.
- I buy and eat "Digestive" cookies. I love those things! In England they call them biscuits I think. Now if you are talking about browser cookies then I believe that Google Analytics does put cookies on the computer of visitors to my web page. That is why I put the text "Google Analytics" on the front page of my blog. To warn visitors. Google does supply a browser extension to disable Google Analytics. You can get that extension here. I think that extension works for Google Analytics on any internet site. My suggestion is that you use DoNotTrackMe from Abine and block everybody! :)
- Provide instructions on how users can modify or delete their personal information.
- Send me an email telling me to delete information I do not have. I can assure you that I will handle this customer service request so fast it will make your head spin.
- Provide instructions on how users can opt out of future communications.
- Send me email telling me that you want to opt out of future communications I cannot make. That way I will have proof that there are people on the internet with more free time than I have.
- Finally, websites that collect sensitive personal information, such as bank details and credit card numbers, must use a secure processing server (https://) when collecting this information.
- If you want to buy something from me, I do have a Paypal account. I have the highest customer feedback rating on ebay. I won’t rip you off. I have thousands of ebay auctions but trust me, that is just a small part of my inventory. I have storage units full of stuff (note the word “units” in that sentence). If you think I have something you want, send me email. Digging through my stuff and being surprised by everything in the storage units is what passes for inventory control around here.